Sweet and sassy, small but mighty.. a beauty inside and out! Meet Tressa, Class of 2017 senior from WCHS and one of my beloved #shelbyseniors!
Tressa would describe her personality as energetic, goofy, and outgoing. After high school, she plans on attending Paul Mitchell Hair School. When she was a little girl, she wanted to be a veterinarian or a photographer! 😄 Tressa volunteers at Connect Church with the kids program two Sundays a month. She also loves going fishing and shopping. Advice to incoming freshman, “Do NOT care so much about what others think about you, it’s hard to understand at first, but I have learned as I’ve gotten older that all that matters is YOU. And being the best version of yourself that you can be!”
Tressa would describe her “perfect day” as a day on the beach that has a carnival.. spending it with her closest friends. Then she would do all of their hair, go shopping and then finish with a great concert!
Three things on her bucket list 1. Swim in crystal clear water on a beach in Hawaii 2. Hang out for a day with a baby hippo 3. Personally know someone famous
Something Tressa is most proud of would have to be be viewing life a little differently recently. “This past year has taught me who my real friends are and how to find happiness in focusing on myself. I’m proud of myself for this because I can see a change in me in a very positive way”
“My heroes are my parents because they have done so much for me and never give up on me or my brother. I hope that I can be as strong as them some day. A favorite family trip was to Michigan City because Lake Michigan is gorgeous and there were so many fun things to do. We rented golf carts, stayed in the cutest house on the lake and spent quality time with family.” Best thing about her parents: They are both independent and smart!
Then fun things about Tressa –
- One Tree Hill is my favorite tv show to binge watch
- The most unusual thing ever eaten: Dragonfruit
- Most daring thing ever done: Parasailing
- Song she would sing on karoke night? Don’t want to miss a thing by Aerosmith
- If she could travel anywhere in the world, she would go to Bora Bora because it’s so beautiful and she is obsessed with beaches
- Favorite holiday: Halloween
- Favorite sport: Baseball. She LOVES the Cubs!
- Favorite holiday tradition: Watching Christmas Vacation every year on Christmas Eve
- Favorite family recipe: Tater Tot Casserole
- Something interesting about herself that most people don’t know – “I am very creative and have an artistic ability to draw!”
The end of your senior year is right around the corner!! I’m so excited for you and the next step.. going to Paul Mitchell, getting your apartment, and becoming a strong, independent woman! Keep up the great work Tressa and don’t ever lose that beautiful smile! ~Cindy XO