Meet my handsome nephew, Joshua McCallen, Class of 2017 Senior from Wake Christian Academy! It’s so hard to believe he’s a senior this year.. nevertheless, I am one proud auntie and very, very happy to capture this special time in his life!
After high school, Josh plans on attending Liberty University to study Criminology. When he was a little boy, he wanted to be a cowboy 🙂 He loves playing basketball, hanging out with friends, playing video games and going out for dinner to Chipolte! I love the Chicken bowl, LOL
Josh was born in Geneva Switzerland and if he could travel anywhere in the world, he would choose to go back there because he doesn’t remember much about it and he would like to explore the city where he was born.
Josh shares that his family is very important to him: “My hero is my brother, Justin, because he’s helped me so much throughout school and he’s always been there for emotional support and I know that I can talk to him about anything. My mom always pushes me to do my best and my dad always reminds me that he loves me unconditionally.” A favorite family trip was a recent trip to Europe… “I fell in love with the culture; the food, art, and people were so unique.”
Advice to incoming freshman: “Take your grades seriously from the beginning of high school, keep your GP A so you don’t have to work as hard when your senior year comes around”
A moment he is most proud of is serving at a homeless shelter. “It was an unforgettable experience”
Ten fun facts about Joshua:
- The most unusual thing ever eaten: Chocolate covered bug
- Most daring thing ever done: Ziplining
- Favorite holiday tradition: Taking a family photo with Santa hats on with my brothers
- Favorite family recipe: Chicken Stir Fry
- Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Jennifer Lawerence
- Do you have any nicknames? J, or J-Mac
- Something random and fun about my self – “I love to dance!”
- Three things on my bucket list are Cliff diving, Sky diving, and go to a Chicago Bulls game
- If I would sing any song during Karaoke night, I would sing Closer by Chainsmokers. Favorite bands: Twenty One Pilots, J. Cole, Drake, and The Weeknd
- Who’s your favorite auntie? Aunt Cindy of course! (jk, photographer put that one in there, LOL
Joshua, I had SOOOO much fun photographing your senior pictures at Ocean Isle Beach and downtown Raleigh! You are handsome, warm, and super sweet, you give the BEST hugs and I’m so very proud of you!