Meet the handsome and super sweet, Sam Byrd from Washington Community High School! This guy is a charmer and so fun to photograph!
Sam would describe his personality as social and inviting.. He attends Washington Community High School and plans on attending Iowa State after high school and majoring in Nuclear Engineering. In school, he is very involved in band, plays the saxophone. He also loves shooting, basketball, hiking, traveling, and fishing.
We asked Sam to describe his perfect day, “A perfect day would have perfect weather, about 72 degrees and sunny. I would take my friends and all of our cars with the tops down to our favorite place to eat in Bloomington (after sleeping in until at least 10:00 am) After that, we would all go out to the range in Chillicothe and shoot several rounds. At night, we would take a drive through downtown, maybe doing a little car spotting and not return home until 1:00 am”
Some fun facts about Sam:
- Big Bang Theory is one of his favorite tv shows to binge watch
- Favorite foreign type food – Sushi
- The most unusual thing he has ever eaten is algae wrapped King Salmon on biscuits
- The most daring thing he has ever done: Out-backing in the back country of Montana or being the leader of the Washington Marching Band!
- If he could travel anywhere in the world, he would go to Argentina because of the mountains. He loves Spanish and the country has beautiful weather, and it’s in a very remote location on the globe
- The 4th of July is his favorite holiday because of the friends he gets to spend it with
- His favorite sp0rt to watch is hockey, but he loves to shoot more than anything (3 gun competitions)
- Three things on his bucket list: ~Skydive ~Summit Mount Ranier ~Get a P.H.D
- One of the moments he’s most proud of is making section leader of the Washington Marching Band or My Invention (and what is that exactly, Sam? You’ll have to fill us in!? We all want to know!”
- His favorite family trip was to Yosemite National Park. It inspired his love for nature and wanting to be outside all of the time.. along with his love for traveling and exploration
- Favorite family holiday tradition: “our traditional trip to Chetek, Wisconsin where we have a cabin. I have deemed it the most peaceful place on earth!”
- A favorite childhood memory: The Beaer and the Big Blue House play in Disney World, 2007
- Favorite family recipe: Aunt Betty’s Banana Pudding
- “If I could eat only one meal for the rest of my life, it would be fondue”
- The best thing about his parents: “The freedom that they give to me, especially now that I’m driving”
- If Sam was stranded on a deserted island with only one other person, he would choose Rambo
- Something that most people don’t know about me is that I have shelves and shelves of intricate lego sets in my room. I also love the outdoors but I love downtown in most cities and enjoy the view of manmade creations
I asked Sam to share some advice for incoming freshmen and he said, “High School is the only way to get into college, so do it the smart way, and don’t make it too hard on yourself!”
Why did you choose Shelby Photography for your senior pictures? Because Cindy did an amazing job with our family session of photos, so we came to her for senior photos! ~ Sam.. I am sooooooo happy that I have been able to get to know you more! You are charming, handsome, fun to hang out with and an all around great guy! Congratulations on making it to your senior year & becoming section leader for the band. I can’t wait to see you play this year. It’s going to go by fast, so make the most of each and every moment! The best is yet to come. – Cindy